Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Personal Introduction

1) Background:
     My first thoughts about going to school for aviation came while I was in basic training for the Army National Guard in 2013-2014. Before that, I didn't even know if I wanted to go to college or just pick up a trait. While I was there, I didn't have access to my phone or internet so I didn't start looking into programs until I went to AIT for 13 weeks in 2014. I had gotten accepted to eastern, and began looking into what programs eastern had to offer. I saw that they had a flight program and after doing some research, made my decision on what I wanted to do. When I finally started school again, I quickly realized that maybe flying just wasn't for me. However, I had really enjoyed learning about airplanes and all the things the industry could offer me. I then switched to the management program and haven't looked back since.

2) Current status:
     Im currently a senior year at Eastern Michigan University. My major is Aviation Management with a dispatch concentration, and i'm also minoring in business. If all goes well this semester, i'll be able to graduate this April and finish 3 classes over the summer.


3) Future plans:
     I'd like for aviation to take me all around the world. With my major, my goals are to run my own (smaller) airport or be in charge of some major operation at a larger airport. I plan on sticking to this for awhile and maybe move around gaining as much knowledge as to how similar but different airports can be. I also one day would like to own and operate my own shooting range with the help of a few family members who also share the same interests

4) Interests:
     I've been interested in fire and emergency operations at airports and in the general public. Discussing this further or having a guest speaker come in from that department would be something of an interest to me.
Also, maybe setting up an airport tour or even just tour a business in aviation to gain more knowledge on positions that apply to both flight and management majors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

For the final blog, I decided to go back to the previous blog, "Aviation Organizations". This blog was to discuss organizations in...